Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Virtual Viewing Party: an Invitation

This movie looks so tremendous to me--available on Netflix next month:



...and gives me reason to post a link to something I wrote three years and two blogs ago. So, somebody remind me when this is released and we'll all watch it and talk about it, and about why Cyril is a saint and why anyone would burn down the library of Alexandria and kill Hypatia, and about whether Christian terrorism was even scarier than Muslim terrorism. My own feeling is that although Christianity is in the wrong with Cyril and the murder of Hypatia, this may have been a "necessary" phase in consolidating early Christianity into a unified cultural force. Scary/fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my RSVP. I just spent the last hour refreshing and adding to my memory of this story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete